- UCLH Staff Drawings Update and Exhibition News!
- UCLH Staff Portraits by Video Call!
- Last Chance to See and New Work on Show.
- Ruth Borchard Self Portrait Prize Exhibition 2019
- The Naked Truth and Back to the Drawing Board
- Recent Drawings and News! (Of the BBC Variety).
- A Quick Update and Major Life Changes
- A Short Film by Katie Taylor and my Goldfish on YouTube!
- An Overdue Blog Post with lots of Pictures!
- Summer Salon exhibition at Candid Arts
- Drawing news, Painting news and Newsnight news!
- A Post Before Christmas, New Work and News
- Watercolours and Working from Life.
- Portrait Artist in Residence, One Year On.
- Painting, painting, painting!
- “The Reflecting Eye” Exhibition Closed, ULU Still Life and 2014’s First Drawings!
- “The Reflecting Eye” Exhibition Open!
- The Reflecting Eye
- University College Hospital Portrait Project
- My Friend Idunn
- Drawing, drawing, drawing!
- Aoife’s Portrait Finished plus Self Portrait, Recent Drawings and Cannes News!
- “An Equinox of Love” Film Shoot and Exhibition
- Bold, Brave and Beautiful, plus Working from Life.
- Goodbye in 2012 and recent drawings.
Author Archives: Simon Tolhurst
Over the last few months I’ve really enjoyed making portraits of members of staff at UCLH. As described in my previous blog post, I’ve been drawing the hospital staff via video call, offering a chance to have a portrait made … Continue reading
Creative Comfort… In order to further support staff wellbeing at UCLH during this extremely difficult time, the Arts & Heritage team have brought together artists working at UCLH to offer creative ways to de-stress. Creative Comfort is an online resource … Continue reading
It seems like a long while ago now since the busy, bustling private view of The Ruth Borchard Self Portrait Painting Prize at Piano Nobile Gallery in Kings Place, Kings Cross. The exhibition opened on May 23rd and there’s now … Continue reading
I’m delighted to say that my recent self portrait is one of the paintings in the Biennial Ruth Borchard Self Portrait Exhibition 2019 at Piano Nobile Gallery, Kings Place. The exhibition opens tomorrow (Friday 24th May) and runs until the … Continue reading
My week is a Venn diagram. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are spent working for Haematology Cancer Care, the charity at UCLH which supports the haematology unit’s patients and staff. On Thursdays I return to my creative work and draw as … Continue reading
Earlier this month the BBC News website published a short piece on the Portrait Artist in Residence project for Haematology Cancer Care Charity at UCLH. The BBC had visited the Cancer Centre a few weeks before to film for a … Continue reading
I thought I’d give a quick update to my rather overdue blog, quite a lot has happened since my last post and although I’ve been posting new work on Facebook and Twitter, my WordPress has been slightly neglected. For those … Continue reading
Earlier this year I was asked if I would mind being filmed for a short documentary film by Katie Taylor, who is studying Film, Television and Digital Production at Royal Holloway, University of London. Katie needed a subject for her … Continue reading
It’s becoming customary for me to start each blog post with “it’s been a while since I posted” and this time is no exception! So here’s a quick summary of what I’ve been up to with pencil and paintbrush … Continue reading